Just over three years in the NEW-MINE project, we are very happy that our first ESRs are now graduating!
In February 2020, Patricia Rabelo Monich successfully defended her PhD and can now proudly call herself a doctor in Materials Engineering! Patricia studied under the supervision of prof. Enrico Bernardo of the University of Padova the characteristics of glass-ceramic materials. Patricia her PhD-project had the purpose to develop glass-ceramic materials with novel functionalities made with materials originated from the processing and conversion of the landfill waste, which are delivered by Work Package 2. The outputs of her PhD are the production of building materials such as dense and porous alkali activated materials with a low carbon footprint and chemically stable. Patricia now aspires to find a job in the industry related to sustainability.
Patricia published several papers in collaboration with other ESRs and supervisors. Below we highlight her peer-reviewed journal papers:
- P. Rabelo Monich, A. Rincon Romero, D. Desideri, E. Bernardo, Waste-derived Glass-Ceramics Fired in Nitrogen: Stabilization and Functionalization, Construction and Building Materials, 232, 101-108 (2020). DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.117265
- P. Rabelo Monich, D. Vollprecht, E. Bernardo, Dense glass‐ceramics by fast sinter‐crystallization of mixtures of waste‐derived glasses, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, 17, 55-63 (2020). DOI: 10.1111/ijac.13332
- P. Rabelo Monich, F. Dogrul, H. Lucas, B. Friedrich, E. Bernardo, Strong porous glass-ceramics from alkali activation and sinter-crystallization of vitrified MSWI bottom ash, Detritus, 08 (2019). DOI: 10.31025/2611-4135/2019.13881
- P. Rabelo Monich, D. Desideri, E. Bernardo, Low temperature upcycling of vitreous byproduct of the MSW plasma processing into multifunctional porous glass-ceramics, Advances in Applied Ceramics, 118, 366-371 (2019). DOI: 10.1080/17436753.2019.1595265
- P. Rabelo Monich, A. Rincon Romero, D. Höllen, E. Bernardo, Porous glass-ceramics from alkali activation and sinter-crystallization of mixtures of waste glass and residues from plasma processing of municipal solid waste, Journal of Cleaner Production, 188, 871-878 (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.03.167